Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hallelulerrr!!!

We have had a breakthrough at our house. The poops are actually making it in the potty! How did we get baby girl to use the pot, you ask? Lollipops. I was hesitant to use this technique, but was reaching the end of my rope. I was sick of changing poopy underwear about twice a day.

Yesterday I was feeling particularly desperate to get the poops in the potty so I took a gamble. I let her go buck naked. This way she had nothing to poop in, although I was risking finding a log somewhere on the floor. I decided it was worth it.....and it worked. The poop landed in the potty. We whooped, danced, called daddy and gave a sucker. I made sure she knew it was because she pooped that she got a sucker.

It worked so well that her second poop of the day also made it in the potty, so I gave her another sucker. Then, later on, she decided she wanted to go for round three. Three poops in one day? I thought this was pushing it a bit. She sat down on the potty and went to work. I was thinking, 'man, she sure does want a sucker.' Then I started to worry she may give herself some hemorrhoids. It turns out she was unsuccessful in willing herself to poop but I am proud to say she has made it in the potty every time since! It is a happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment