Monday, January 11, 2010

It's the Little Things

I am a passionate person.

I love passionately, I cry passionately, I dive head-first into just about everything that I do. I believe this is what makes me the emotional roller coaster that I am. For the past six months I have turned my passion to my writing.

I would really like to be a writer. I have been pursuing this venture with the usual passion that I pursue most things in my life. Although lately I have been a little discouraged. I would love a little success in my writing. Something to validate my efforts, to prove to me that this is something I am moderately good at.

Last night I was on the hour long drive home from my in-laws. I could not help thinking about my writing. Lately, the lack of success in this area is bringing me down a bit. I was thinking about how people say that the first step is the hardest. I think that saying is dumb. I think the first step, deciding to do something, is the easiest. The hard part is sticking with something when it gets challenging and is yet to be rewarding. I was sitting there and getting more and more depressed about the situation when I turned and looked at Ben.

He is such a good example to me. He worked for two years to achieve his goal of becoming a firefighter. He is an emotional rock, my complete opposite in that sense. He rarely became overwhelmed by the process and just kept pressing forward with his goal in mind. I was trying to use this as a comfort, it took him two years to achieve his success, I should not try and rush things so much. Yet, I was still feeling down.

That is when it happened. Someone in the car farted. Of course, I turned my angry glare to Ben. I was telling him through my facial expressions that I was just not up for this right now. Only when I turned to look at the usual culprit, he had an equal look of disgust on his face. That is when it happened.

From the back of the car the Elmo like voice stated, "Sammy toot!" Her lack of caring, but willingness to claim it sent me into uncontrolled laughter. I guess all it takes to turn my mood around is a good fart, they are almost always funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment