Friday, January 15, 2010

Ode to the Dollar Theater

I LOVE the dollar theater. I love going to the movies in general anyway, but I have a special place in my heart for the dollar theater. When I am stuck in the house with children that are finding it difficult to get along, this is where we go.

The sticky seats, the dirty floors, this is my bliss. Sometimes my children act up in a movie, particularly the little one. I know, I know, it is hard for you to imagine that my children would act up, but every once in a long while it happens. At first you feel guilty that you are ruining the next persons movie going experience and then you remember, wait a minute! They only paid a dollar to see this movie. Where else in the world could I whip my head over to someone who is giving me a dirty look and say, “Get over it you paid a dollar!”

If only that response could be as appropriate for the dirty looks I may receive when I am in church with my children.

Even the snacks at the dollar theater are perfect. They have created a spill proof method of distributing concessions to children. Anyone who has taken a child to a movie knows that snack spilling is inevitable and devastating to everyone involved. The people at the dollar theater made a box like a happy meal and they put the drink in pour in the popcorn and close it up and stick the straw through the top of the box. There is a shoot on the side of the box for them to get their popcorn out of. PURE GENEUIS! This is how I am going to start serving all their meals to them.

Thank you dollar theater for offering your entertainment at ridiculously low prices ($0.75 on Tuesdays) and giving Mom’s a place to go when cabin fever has hit your home like the plague. Dollar theater we salute you.

No comments:

Post a Comment