Thursday, May 13, 2010

Who are you and where are my children?

Last night the kids were very well behaved, I mean very well behaved. In fact, they were being so good it was making me uneasy. As I was making dinner and they were all in the family room playing with the Legos.

For a moment it was so quiet I had to peak my head in the room and make sure George was not smothering Sammy in a pillow and that was the reason for the silence. The art of peaking your head in a room has to be done very delicately. If they spot you the moment is ruined and the chances that they will go back to what they are doing is slim to none. My swift glimpse into the room confirmed that they were indeed playing nicely together.

They actually built a Lego village and let Sammy be a part of it and build her own little contribution. Things were going too smoothly. I thought to myself, if they eat my dinner I am really going to wonder if they are my children.

To my relief they turned up their noses at what I had spent the last hour making for them. Homemade mac and cheese. WHY WILL THEY ONLY EAT IT IF IT COST $.5O AND COMES OUT OF A BOX? But I digress. They redeemed themselves for being too good and all is right again in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment