Sunday, December 27, 2009

Words can not describe

I write this next post with a heavy heart. One of my dearest friends has lost her baby. She was due next month. She noticed he wasn't moving and then the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat. Last night she had to deliver her stillborn baby. My heart aches for her and what she is experiencing.

I know it is a cliche to say that I can not imagine what she is going through, but I honestly can not wrap my head around the devastation she must be feeling. This baby was to be her first.

I can not stop thinking and praying for her and her husband. Last night as I was cooking dinner, I turned around and saw Samantha dangling from the open silverware drawer and George up on a kitchen chair dancing. While this scene would have normally sent me into a tizzy of yelling, yesterday was different. Yesterday I felt thankful for my children and all the craziness they bring. I know my family is a gift and I don't know what I would do without them.

Dear baby Rocco, the world was a better place because you were in it. Although your time here was short, your life mattered. You were loved and you are missed. As you watch down from heaven, please watch over your parents and let them feel your loving presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment