Sunday, December 13, 2009

School Pictures....bring it on!



First of all, I know, I know. I've fallen off the blogging wagon. Well, I am here to let you know that I am picking myself up by my bootstraps and climbing right back on. I will not let you down again, I hope.

Now, take a look at Georgie's school picture. He is smiling so sweetly you can almost see the halo over his perfect little blonde head. Let's rewind a couple hours to when we were getting ready for this angelic photo...

Crap! It is school picture day! Of course, it is also laundry day so
Georgies closet looks pretty pathetic. I rummage through the few shirts left hanging. Oooh, this one has a collar. Wait, that is the one he wore last year for pictures. Let me look through again. Ooooh, darn, that is the same shirt I just looked at. I glance over at George. He is watching me in his jeans and t-shirt that he has already put on in angry anticipation of what I would pick out. George does NOT like dressing up. Between Georgie's stare and the ticking clock I am begining to feel the pressure of finding something halfway decent for him to wear.

Then, it was as if the heaven's opened up and a ray of sunshine from the heavens came down and lit up a shirt with a collar! The angels were singing in my head as I lifted the shirt in victory. However, my choir was soon silenced by a scream coming from my son, "Noooooo! Not a shirt with BUTTONS!" Before I had even said anything he fell on the floor in a seziure like stop, drop, and roll. I just stood there and looked at the shirt. I was in genuine shock. He didn't even have to change what he was wearing. All he had to do was but this shirt on over his t-shirt and he could still wear the jeans.

Unfortunately for George his best attempt at dramatics don't hold a candle to what his sister is capable of so I know consider myself a trained professional in dealing with tantrums. I knelt down and wrestled the shirt on the boy. George contorted his face into what I imagine an angry pug would look like and he stomped his feet all the way from his room to the car.

I followed George to the car and took him to school. As the teacher unloaded him and I waved goodbye and I though, this is going to be a big waste of $25.

No comments:

Post a Comment