Monday, October 26, 2009

Ahhh, Fall



It was a perfect fall day. Riley, George, Sammy and I were all bundled up in our sweatshirts raking the crispy dry leaves into a pile for jumping.

After we finished raking, I sat on the deck watching as the three of them ran to the top of our little hill and jumped blissfully into the leaves. They were laughing and throwing the leaves into the air, it was like a picture in a magazine.

As I watched them I thought, 'this is a perfect moment.' This type of thought always means something is about to go horribly wrong.

"POOOOOOP" Riley and George scatter into the yard running from the pile.

Sammy continues to sit in the leaves with a confused look on her face looking back and forth at all of us, "What? What?"

Riley is in the corner practicing her dramatics, "I am covered in poop!"

Well, it turns out we had built our perfect leaf pile on top of a perfect pile of dog poop. So much for our blissful fall afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment