Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Summer!

Today was the first glimpse of summer. I am not going to lie. For the past couple weeks I have been dreading summer. Summer camp sign ups, can we afford it? Should we sign up for swimming? To t-ball or not to t-ball? Above all these questions is what am I going to do with them ALL DAY!?

Then today I remembered what we do during the summer. We play. This beautiful day made me remember all the things I love about summer. The skinned knees, afternoons at the pool, corn on the cob, chicken on the grill, playing outside 'till your face is red and you are exhausted, fireflies, and sparklers. I do love summer and I am glad I had this day to remind me.

Now I am remebering the summer days when you spend the entire day outside and eat dinner then collapse as a family into a pile of freshly bathed exhaustion. I am looking forward to the hot nights and wine on the front porch with my husband.

Summer, we missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment