Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Look at what a great mom I am!


The other day when I had just laid baby girl down for her nap. I hurried to the shower to take advantage of my free moment. While I had been unable to take a shower the day before I found this shower to be particularly relaxing and I was relishing every moment of the hot water.

That is when Buster Brown peeked his head in as he usually does. "Mom, is it OK if I make a sword?" He asked in his sweetest little boy voice. "Of course, sweet heart." I replied still feeling the effects of the soothing shower. I knew that we had just read a story yesterday about Franklin the turtle making a sword from cardboard and my boy found that particularly amazing.

I continued to let the hot water wash over me and was particularly pleased with my parenting skills at the moment. I was able to have some free time and my little man was entertaining himself not with the TV but with a craft.

When I got out of the shower I was a little shocked when Buster revealed his craft. Apparently he had gone to the best place to get craft materials in our house, the recycle bin. His sword was made of empty beer cans and a wrapping paper roll. My dreams of becoming Mom of the year quickly faded. While I let him play with it for a while we did make him disassemble it on trash day.

No comments:

Post a Comment