Saturday, September 18, 2010

Parenting Happiness


Since school has started we have been particularly busy. There are cross country and flag football practices, girl scout meetings, birthday parties, meets and games, and the list goes on and on.

What I have noticed is despite the hectic schedule, I am loving it. I am loving this phase of life when I am up to my ears in sewing badges on sashes and Tae kwon do uniforms. I love cheering them on at their games. I love taking them to the playground and just spending time with my kids. I love their contagious belly laughs. I love sleepovers, OK maybe not the sleepovers so much (it can't all be blissful).

They are getting so big and I hope I appreciate every minute, because when we are at Holiday World or cooking out in the backyard I look around and think there will come a time when they would rather be with their friends then with us, so for now I will soak up every minute of their time with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment