Thursday, September 30, 2010

These Kids, no respect

Now I know I haven't mentioned this but I took the position of P.E. teacher this year at my children's school. My husband calls this stalking, I call it being "involved". Anyway, our gym is a cafeterium. Meaning we do everything there, eat breakfast, lunch, have gym, assemblies, etc.

So, yesterday I was putting up tables and getting ready for class when I saw another sweatshirt on the floor. I feel like there are always like five sweatshirts on the floor in the gym. In my head I am cursing the child who has left their sweatshirt on the floor like this is their house and I am there mother picking up after them. I get enough of this at home I don't need to bring this to my place of employment.

I make my way over to the sweatshirt and flip up the tag hoping the name is in there somewhere so I can return the sweatshirt and enlighten the owner to pick up their clothes. I look down only to see my own name staring back at me. So, it was my child's sweatshirt and I was their mother picking it up. They are going to hear about this. I know they love having me around at school more!

No comments:

Post a Comment